A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Sunday 6 April 2014

My New 18th Century Hunting Sword.

Well my new hunting sword is finally finished, and my close friend, Sword maker, Knife Maker and Bowyer Mark Jones who made it for me brought it to our group meeting yesterday. This sword is hand made, a lot of hours and file work went into making this sword, and to say that I am very pleased with the finished result would be an understatement. It is absolutely brilliant, top notch. Mark I don't have words to thank you enough my friend.
Keith.








The Mark Jones stamp on the guard.

6 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

VERY nice!

John said...

A nice item Keith, I am curious as to the purpose of a 'hunting sword '?

Keith said...

Good to hear from you again John. A hunting sword was popular in England & Europe for dispatching game, especially when hunting wild boar.
Regards, Keith.

John said...

Ah thank you for that Keith, I take it then when the quarry has been brought to bay. Oh and it's good to be writing again, though the flow is not yet there.

deRek said...

Wow that's amazing brother, could you add the scabbard/sheath also?

Keith said...

deRek. There is a search box top left corner of my blog if you are looking for anything. Here is a link to 2 swords & scabbards:
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/search?q=scabbard

Regards, Keith.