A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Saturday 28 August 2010

Tomahawk Throwing.

It helps if you have something to focus on, so I use playing cards held in place with a wood peg. As you will see I don't stand in one place and pitch the tomahawk, because in reality if you were hunting with a tomahawk, or using it in self defence, you would be moving. I also practice with a knapsack on my back on occasion, because it makes it a lot harder to throw, and once again, that is reality. Also we do not pace the distance from the target and make a mark. This is a good idea when learning, but once you get the hang of it you should learn to estimate the distance. I did this by walking in the woods with my tomahawk, and throwing at every dead tree I came across, just judging the distance.

No comments: